Tuesday, August 21, 2007

So much!

I wrote a wonderful long post the other day, and blogger conveniently let it slip through the tubes of the Internet.

But, inspired by Nicholas' gargantuan catch-up effort on his blog, and some wonderful happenings yesterday, and my flight to DC in an hour, here goes.

We're having a girl!! A little princess!

Not to compete with my chief princess, who has made it very clear she will share the spotlight, but never step out of the middle of it.

My darling bride is weepy-ecstatic. She was prancing around the house yesterday, flipping her dress up over her belly and saying "it's a girl!!!". This continued when we walked the dogs all through town.

Wasn't until we were folding laundry on the couch, watching Scrubs and packing, that I noticed she had written "kiss me" on her belly. I certainly complied.

So that's our news.
I'm swamped with the building, still trying to get the engineer to complete his work. Tried prying up the 5k square feet of three layered vinyl tile on the first floor, got less than 1/4 of the room done in 10 hours, so I'm looking for some day laborers.

In DC all week for a conference, back to MS for 2 days, then up to PA for a family event at Blooming Grove, then down the NC for John and Sara's wedding, then back to MS. Weee.

Love to all.
A girl!

6 comments:

Able Ponder said...

I'm the P.B.!

safe travels my love.

a.

Anonymous said...

YOU COULD NAME IT NATALIE JR!

Anonymous said...

or natasha

Anonymous said...

or how about gwendolina?

Anonymous said...

Natalina has a nice ring to it.

Anonymous said...

you going to update this blog anytime soon, or are we going to have to wait until girl-child is dating?