Thursday, October 11, 2007

Preparation

I just saw a headline, or "human interest" thingy on Reuters asking: If an asteroid was headed towards Earth and you had 60 minutes left in your life, what would you do?

So I started thinking about it, and was planning my 60 minutes. My first thought was hat I would hop in the car and start racing home, calling my parents, my sisters, Nicholas and John and Natasha and ... then I realised that there's big dead zone between here and home. And I would want to say more than a couple words to some of you. But as soon as I got home I would want to be with Alexe, to walk across the street and lie down in the field with her and Shadow and Dido and watch the sky and talk. And honestly, I would want to call her on my drive home. So the whole calling loved ones isn't going to work out for me.

My solution is this. If ever there is some horrendous catastrophe that is going to happen quickly, I am not going to call you. Know I love you, and you are more than welcome to visit me and alexe in our hut in heaven.

If there's more time, I may give you a call, but if I don't, the above holds.

mkay?

No comments: