Thursday, July 7, 2016

Megan and Claire

Alexe's good friend Megan came for a visit.  It's been a very long time since they saw each other, possibly 5 years, and the last time these two kiddos saw each other was in a hotel room in Nashville when they were very small.  I don't think Annaliese had ever met Claire.

I was downtown when they first arrived, and when everyone came to town to join me, Annaliese ran up and said in a hushed voice, "Claire is the smartest person I have ever met!" and then ran off to play.  


The three of them had a great time together; the only conflict being the siblings fighting over Claire's attention.  We took little field trips, popped over to Roanoke...



But mostly relaxed around the house.  Claire introduced the kids to Exploding Kittens, the card game.  


We hiked around town, around the farm, and generally got reacquainted.  


I had forgotten how much I like Megan.  I first met her when she was Alexe's rugby team captain and roommate at Vanderbilt, and have only seen her at our respective weddings since those days.  She's still as much fun to argue with, and is killing it as a mother.  We traded book recommendations, and hopefully she's enjoying the Chtorr books as much as I enjoyed Robopocalypse.


The kids are anxiously waiting for our next visit.


No comments: