Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Adventuring

Pictures from the past few days. In no particular order:

One of Caspian's best friends, Ms. Dixie, helping him feed some wonder bread to his worm farm.
Collecting worms for the worm farm.
We found a turtle!


Some sprinkler/pool fun at home. The next day we took a family trip to the zoo and bought swim suits for everyone. Pictures of that adventure, and there were some really fun ones from the zoo and the kids playing in the clothing displays at the store, were lost when Annaliese stole my phone and reset it, again. There were also picture with Alexe in them which don;t turn up often nowadays. We're going to get better at dragging her away from her store, right now she's in love. (I have a fun picture from last night of her curled up next to me on the couch with a massive bowl of ice cream/banana/peanut butter, but I'd get in trouble for posting it.) We did some clothes shopping for her on the zoo trip, parked her in a changing room and the kids and I picked out clothes and brought them to her. My unbiased opinion, she's never had a cuter wardrobe.
Kids in my office chilling out with a movie.
Boatie, being the amazing car she is.
Yesterday I took a long walk/fishing stroll through the MS wilderness. This is where I stopped for lunch on the bank of a river.
Cool cypress swamp and open fields.


Lots of wildlife. I did not catch any of the turtles that were swimming around in the river, though I really wanted to try. One on the bank was easily 14 inches in diameter. I also did not catch the water moccasin that went swimming by my foot, and I certainly didn't catch a single damn fish.
It was beautiful. I'm standing on a sandbar in the middle of the river, "fishing".


No comments: