Monday, September 3, 2012

Back to Reality

We have left Burning Man.  Nicholas is safely home, and I am resting in a hotel room in Flagstaff, headed home. 

I'm going to take a different approach to recounting the BM experience.  A day by day account won;t cut it, because the story is too complex to tell.  There are the logistics, the art, the spiritual, the social, the partying, the sex and drugs (which was not partaken of by me...), the monetary and societal implications, specific people I met, the scale, the history, the food, the music, the yoga, and what it all means to and for me. 

I still don't know how I'm going to get it all down in a comprehensive way that will capture what I want to remember when I come back here to jog my memory.  We'll see.  Another issue is the unmanageable number of experiences, and pictures, from the past week.  

Here's a taste. Sunrise, Saturday morning, over the deep Playa of BM.  (Playa, pronounced "plya", meaning beach in spanish.  If you pronounce it "Player" you will be mocked, trust me.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

again!again!again!